September Italian classes in Covent Garden
Just back from an unforgettable holiday nel Belpaese? Did you fall in love with the Italian style of life? Are you thinking to get to grips with the Italian language? Do you already know how to order a gelato and would like to know how to impress your friends by offering it…in Italian of course?
Benissimo! OfCourseItalian September class is about to begin, so what else to say but seize the day, carpe diem or in Italian cogli l’attimo and take advantage of our new beginner classes!
OfCourseItalian will run their new beginner course from Thursday 28th of September at 7:35pm
We run our classes as personal as possible by limiting our class size to 6 students.
The course will be held in Covent Garden and will run every Thursday for 13 weeks.
Each lesson meets for 90 minutes and during the class we will use the text book “Nuovo Espresso 1 ” (not included in the course price).
Our Beginners Italian course is an introduction to the Italian language, intended for people who have never studied Italian or people who studied the language many years ago but are rusty.
Your tutor will use a communicative approach method and only the target language will be used from the first class.
The class is very interactive and taught with the use of games, cards, music and as soon as the level is appropriate, Italian movies, as it is very important to expose students to the spoken language.
TEXT: Nuovo Espresso 1 (Alma edizioni), Units 1-3 (Italian language only).
13 Sessions that aim to build general basic comprehension and communication skills in elementary Italian.
Conversational Italian and an introduction to cultural practices, with a focus on clear explanation of basic language principles.
Topics (as related to textbook). The syllabus of the course may vary depending on the pace of learning of the class.
- Greeting people
- Introducing friends
- Place of origin
- Address, telephone number, and numbers
- Present tense: essere, avere, chiamarsi
- Adjectives of nationality
- Preposition: di
- Interrogatives adverbs: come, di dove, quale
- Exchanging personal information
- Talking about work, home, age, and numbers
- Gender of nouns
- Definite articles
- The negative no / non
- Prepositions: a, in
- Interrogatives: chi, che, dove, quanti
- Verbs: parlare, lavorare, stare, fare*
- Ordering at bar/restaurant
- Plural of definite articles
- Gender plurals
- Verbs: prendere, volere, preferire
- Adverb bene
- Adjective buono
- Interrogatives: che cosa, quail, quante
- Verbs: prendere, volere, preferire, portare.
Planned learning outcomes
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- Speak clearly and be understood in basic Italian.
- Demonstrate the skills, language and attitudes required for further study of Italian.
As the size of the class is small this let me to suggest extra activities during the class.
The activities I present are aimed to enhance the speaking ability as I like when students use the target language from the very first classes.
*I use extra activities also to enlarge vocabulary.